Posted by Sudeshna on November 11, 2008
We’ve moved to own domain name – bengalicuisine.net. You can follow me on Twitter, visit my Flickr photostream.
There is a always a problem with the left over vegetables of last night at my place. Neither do I feel to throw them out nor eat those just like that. Vegetable omelet was my brain child to cope up with this matter. Its a very easy to cook and ready to eat kind of food and is ideal for breakfast, especially when the house cook do not want to work much for the breakfast table. I used the leftover vegetables or meat for the preparation. You can also use any kind of fresh vegetables or meat for making it up.
Egg (Dim): 2
Wheat flour (Maida): 1 tablespoon
Onion (Peyaj): 1 medium size, cut into small squares
Coriander leaves (Dhaniya pata): 1 tablespoon, finely chopped
Milk (Dudh): 1/4 cup
Green Chili (Kacha Lanka): 2-3 , cut into small rings
Turmeric powder (Halud Guro): 1/4 teaspoon
Vegetables or meat of choice: 1 small bowl
Sunflower oil (Sada tel) to fry
Salt to taste
- Add all the ingredients into a deep bowl and stir to make a dilute batter.
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon of oil on a non-stick frying pan
- Gently pour in one large spoon of the batter to make an omelet.
- Make as many as you wish out of the batter.
- Serve with green salad and tomato sauce.
Look for more on this blog, till then Happy Cooking and Happy Eating
I am sending this to Sangeeth for her 101 omelets.
Sending this entry to BlOg yOur Omelet hosted by Nuria.
You can also Subscribe to BengaliCuisine by Email, or Subscribe in a reader
Posted in Egg, potato, snacks, Uncategorized | Tagged: Breakfast, easy to cook, Egg, omelet, onions, quick breakfast, ready to eat, vegetables | 7 Comments »
Posted by Sudeshna on August 25, 2008
Nothing much to say. This a nice and wholesome breakfast. You call can try it out. The recipe here’s for all of you.
Bread (Pau ruti): ½ lb
Butter (Makhon): 2 tablespoons
Potato (Aalu): 4 medium sizes
Eggs (Dim): 4
Green chili (Kacha Lanka): 3 or 4
Salt to taste
- Boil the potatoes and eggs.
- Peel out the potatoes and mash in a big bowl.
- Mash the eggs along with the potatoes too.
- Cut the chili into small rings and add in.
- Add salt to taste.
- Take two bread slices, apply butter on one side.
- Add one tablespoon of stuffing already made to the buttered side of one of the bread slices.
- Cover it with the other slice.
- Cut the bread slices diagonally to make two triangular sandwiches.
Egg and Potato stuffed Sandwich
Serve with fruit juice to have a nice wholesome breakfast. You can spice up the sandwiches with some spicy tomato or chili sauce. Catch you soon, until then happy eating and happy cooking.
Sending it to WBB Combi Breakfast hosted by Latha .
Sending it to Lunch Box Special Event hosted by Vandana.
And here sending the egg sandwich to The Bread Mania hosted by Sindhura of Bayleaf.
Posted in Breakfast, Egg, potato, snacks | Tagged: bread mania, bread sandwich, Breakfast, Egg, egg sandwich, event hosting, potato, sandwich, wholesome breakfast | 4 Comments »