String beans with Potato Curry
Posted by Sudeshna on November 19, 2008
I have just joined Glaxo SmithKline Ltd for my Post Graduate internship. I have become so busy with the work that I couldn’t even think about writing a post for my blog. Yesterday I got a scrap from a school friend. She is presently staying in Bangladesh and as she says there are very few options for any vegan dishes. She requested me to write about some vegetarian dishes for her.
I just could not leave out her request and so thought of posting this dish for her.
String beans (Barboti): 100gms
Potato (Aalu): 4 medium sizes
Nigella seeds(Kalo jeera): ½ teaspoon
Mustard oil (Sarser Tel): 1 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder (Halud Guro): ½ teaspoon
Green Chili (Kancha Lanka): 2
- Slice the strings beans into one inch sizes and the potato into small square pieces
- Take oil in a wok and let it heat
- Throw in the nigella seeds as the oil gets heated
- Add the potatoes and strings beans along with the turmeric powder and salt
- Toss the vegetables for a minute so that the oil and spices get mixed
- Fry for 2-3 minutes
- Pour in 1 cup of water and let it cook with stirring twice or thrice
- As the vegetables get cooked take out of flame
Serve with roti, paratha or with steamed rice. It tastes good with anything. Check for more updates here on this blog, till then Happy Cooking, Happy Eating.